With more than 600 security tools in its arsenal, the Kali Linux distribution can be overwhelming. Experienced and aspiring security professionals alike may find it challenging to select the most appropriate tool for conducting a given test. This practical book covers Kali’s expansive security capabilities and helps you identify the tools you need to conduct a wide range of security tests and penetration tests. You’ll also explore the vulnerabilities that make those tests necessary.
Author Ric Messier takes you through the foundations of Kali Linux and explains methods for conducting tests on networks, web applications, wireless security, password vulnerability, and more. You’ll discover different techniques for extending Kali tools and creating your own toolset.
- Learn tools for stress testing network stacks and applications
- Perform network reconnaissance to determine what’s available to attackers
- Execute penetration tests using automated exploit tools such as Metasploit
- Use cracking tools to see if passwords meet complexity requirements
- Test wireless capabilities by injecting frames and cracking passwords
- Assess web application vulnerabilities with automated or proxy-based tools
- Create advanced attack techniques by extending Kali tools or developing your own
- Use Kali Linux to generate reports once testing is complete
About the Author
Ric Messier is an author, consultant, and educator who holds GCIH, GSEC, CEH, and CISSP certifications, and has published several books on information security and digital forensics. With decades of experience in information technology and information security, Ric has held the varied roles of programmer, system administrator, network engineer, security engineering manager, VoIP engineer, consultant, and professor. He is currently a Director for Cyber Academic Programs at Circadence and was formerly the Program Director for Cybersecurity and Digital Forensics at Champlain College.
The contributor(s) cannot be held responsible for any misuse of the data. This repository is just a collection of URLs to download eBooks for free. Download the eBooks at your own risks.
DMCA take down cannot be possible as we are not republishing the books/infringement of code, but we are just hosting the links to 3rd party websites where these books can be downloaded.